Quiet people have the loudest minds.
Give me the patience for the small things of life, courage for the great trials of life. Help me to do my best each day and then go to sleep knowing God is awake.
Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.
The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
The more often a stupidity is repeated, the more it gets the appearance of wisdom.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished – Lao Tzu
I don’t think it’s illegal. I don’t think it’s against the rules. It’s as dangerous for me to have a toothpick in your mouth as it is to have a 200-pound man punch me in the face hard or try to kick me in the face. I’m more worried about that, to be honest. I don’t have any superstitions. I won world titles with a toothpick. I defended it without a toothpick. It all depends. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don’t. It’s a bad habit. I know I shouldn’t do it, but it’s fine.
If you want to know who controls you, look at who you are not allowed to criticize.
Top 10 Lao Tzu (Laozi) Quotes
- Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Silence is a source of great strength.
- To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
- Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
I always ask myself, “Did I get one percent better today?”
As a fighter, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to get the big fights.
The key to life is to set goals and go after those goals, don’t hold anything back.
Everything takes time. You have to love the journey and the process.
When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear, so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith, there is no anxiety, no doubt – just absolute confidence.