HOW TO OVER COME SELF DOUBT, INDECISION AND FEAR IN MARTIAL ARTS
Posted on October 28 2018
Self doubt, indecision, & fear the three horsemen that destroy your chances for success. If you have one of these feelings the other two are nearby. If you have doubt in your abilities as a fighter or are incisive on how you are going to fight your opponent, fear will automatically kick in & take over. Your chances of being victorious before even entering the ring will be knocked out. These emotions will effect your performance due to the mind / body connection. You will hesitate on fully committing to your techniques & combinations while fighting. You will telegraph your movements due to indecision and your speed of your techniques will slow down due to being stiff & rigid.
Like animals, which sense fear, humans are no different. The vibrations of fear pass from one mind to another just as quickly & surely as a human voice. Your opponent across the ring will sense your fear & use it to his advantage. The three horsemen need to be mastered before claiming your title in or outside of the ring.
Here are some tips
- Think from your opponents mind, what would he do?
- Watch & analyze your opponents fights to get a sense of his game plan
- Focus & remind yourself of your strengths as a fighter.
- At night before going to sleep rehearse your fight plan in your mind & what you will do to counter attacks
- Have a flexible fight plan ready in your mind and stick to it