TOP TIPS FOR BECOMING A BLACK BELT IN ANY MARTIAL ART
Posted on May 06 2018
Top Tips for Becoming a Black Belt in Any Martial Art
The primary goal of some beginner or intermediate student of many martial arts is usually to attain the coveted black belt. The black belt represents technical excellence, high ethical standards and the ability of a student to endure a strict and rigorous training regimen. People with black belts are seen as being more than just average practitioners. They are rightfully seen as being highly disciplined and skillful proponents of the art.
So, what are the steps that anyone can take to ensure a successful path to black belt?
- Define what the black belt means to you personally
- Set a realistic period in which to reach your goal
- Break your overall goal down into smaller content chunks
- Understand exactly what content you need to learn
- Get to know the black belts in your school or dojo and ask them how they were successful
- Go to class on a regular basis
- Practice at home
- Research on the internet and reading books on your style
- Find a training partner(s) who shares the same goal and push each other to the next level
- Compete in tournaments to prove your skill level
- Never give up on becoming a black belt